Saturday, December 10, 2011

Consumer Guilt


My partner and I binged on XMas shopping for the kids today -- didn't think it was possible to spend 2 HOURS at Toys R U, but there I was and I even had a list. I feel nauseous about how much money we burned for toys that will barely get played with. I feel even more stupid for knowing it and still doing it. What is wrong with me? I don't want to see any disappointment at XMas. I want everyone to get what they wished for. But really, XMas is never like that. Because you rarely know what it is you want and when you get it, it disappoints because it did not live up to your dreams. Yes, this is the same old metaphor of life that I blog about. Thank goodness my partner and I don't exchange gifts. It's tough not getting anything on XMas morning, but getting an outrageous CC bill is far worse. Here's hoping that I'll be able to get off this train and make it a small XMas once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment