Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food Purge - D's Mystery Loaf

What the f*ck is T.V.P. and why did I buy this? Textured Vegetable Protein. I bought it because I want to be a hip urban hippie even though deep down I'm just a plain ol' meat and potatoes kind of girl. So what to do with all these single-purpose specialty ingredients bought for recipes that I will never try again? I can't subject the unopened stuff to the Food Bank -- I don't even think they'd let it in their back door. And I can't bring myself to throw out food that's perfectly good. I'll have to inventory it and commit to cooking it all up by the end of this year. Of course it could lead to wasting endless hours researching online recipes (an already contentious issue at home). I'll wing it and see what I come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment