Tuesday, August 16, 2011

In love

A couple of male co-workers were talking about how easy it is to tell when a woman stops loving you. Apparently we are so obvious about our love -- we hang on their every word, laugh at all their jokes, touch them all the time, act silly, smother them with affection ... oh please!
And when the bubble pops, it's all business -- "I'm fine". I tried to argue that it was not the end of love, but the end of the honeymoon phase. Of course neither of these bachelors have ever gotten past puppy love, so it's no wonder they don't know what I'm talking about. I sometimes wonder if I know what I'm talking about. I look at other couples who have been together a while and I can't see any of these signs of love and I wonder if their private moments are different. But then for others, I can see a certain glimmer between them. He lights up when she walks in the room, she proudly talks about something great that he's done, he hurries to her side to help her with something, she admiringly smiles at him from across the room, he rushes back to his desk to answer her email, she posts pics of them together on FB. I can tell when it's still there. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment