Friday, November 18, 2011

The high highs and the low lows

I worked out and had lunch with my sister today. It was really nice doing something together, just the two of us. I miss her. We both know each other's history so well. I don't even have to finish my sentences, she just knows. When we ask each other how we are doing, we know that there's no fooling one other. "We're doing fine" never equates to "my relationship is great". But then again, whose is? It was a bit sad to hear her say that she's comfortable with the predictability and even level of happiness in her life. She's not over the moon, but she's not deeply depressed either because you can't have the highs without the lows. I know what she's talking about here. The desperate housewife craves passion but ends up alone and heartbroken because of it. Yep, life is not really a roller coaster. It's mundane and we should be content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment