Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm going to get smucked by a bus


There, I've said it. Let's hope the Law of Attraction does not make it true. I'm being really reckless on my bike lately. And it's not an agile confident kind of recklessness. It's a nervous, impatient, that-girl-is-going-to-get-herself-killed kind of recklessness. It's worse when I leave work. I have to make a dangerous left turn across four lanes of traffic. I weave around buses, wait for even the smallest gap in traffic and just gun it. I should not be taking these kinds of risks -- I'm a mother! And if that isn't bad enough, I get a slight thrill out of it. Yikes. This is so unlike me. Maybe it's a mid-life crisis thing?

So my dearest THREE followers of my blog, you are the first to know, if in fact I do get run over by a bus, I did see it coming. K - this is not good. I think I'll take the safer (and more comforting) path through Gatineau from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment