Monday, August 2, 2010

We are one


You know how dog owners often resemble their pets? I feel like my partner and I have morphed into a single married blob. I thought this wasn't supposed to happen for another 20 years!

He used to be the ying to my yang. But now I'm more relaxed and he's uptight. I'm less opinionated and don't give a shit about so many things that used to really piss me off. He's always trying to be productive and doesn't make time to relax. I'm all about fitness whereas he used to be the freak. Of course not everything has flip-flopped. A lot of our demeanor, expressions, interests are EXACTLY THE SAME. He even looks and dresses like me! Other people are starting to notice too. It makes me want to shave my head, join a cult, do anything that is DIFFERENT. Please, I need some diversity in my life.

On the upside, it's certainly more harmonious when you share the same interests and opinions. No disagreements over what movie to see, which restaurant to eat at, who to vote for, what CD to listen to, etc. And lord knows there's enough other things we can bicker about. But it's also fucking boring being a married blob. How do old people do it?

Hopefully getting back to work and being around non-family members again will help. I love my family dearly, but I'm missing my identity. Plus I've changed so much that I don't even know who I am anymore! One thing is for sure though, this Bobbsey Twin is steppin' out and getting a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment