Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Connection


I've been thinking a lot about how important it is to "feel the love" when it comes to my relationships. Well, it just dawned on me that it's equally important to feel loved, especially with kids.

Feeling loved and accepted for who you are makes you feel optimistic and secure. It allows you to cope with the world. When I feel loved, I can relate better to people and difficult situations. I also find it easier to bounce back from set-backs. Love is empowering.

I'm starting look at my daughter's misbehaviour as a cry for help rather than being purposefully manipulative. Often, when I stop what I'm doing, look her in the eye and listen, I can feel an instant connection. When we've spent time doing something together, I know the rest of the day will be easy for us.

Connection is key. I know how good it feels to feel loved and I know how important it is for my children to feel loved. Time to start abundantly communicating my unconditional love throughout the day. Love is where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment