Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary



"I can't believe we've been married 8 years already (12 since we first met!) - I am the luckiest guy in the world to be married to you. Thank you for everything you do and being who you are. Love."

When I read this on FB today I nearly puked. And then I felt green with envy. While I am happy that my friend is happily married (I know for certain that he is), I know that this kind of public display of devotion will never happen to me. I don't even get it in private. But let's be real, my partner's not feelin' it either so if he ever posted such words, I'd accuse him of an ulterior motive. At least we are honest with our disappointment. I deserve someone to be over the moon about me and be proud to be my partner. This is what I want.

2 comments:

  1. scratch that - I've never been attracted to men who are this sensitive and expressive; if my partner did something like this, I'd be embarassed and then start to worry that something was seriously wrong. I'll take what I've got thank you very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL your comment cracked me up. Hope you get what you want. xo

    ReplyDelete