Thursday, May 19, 2011

Holding my breath


Another tid bit from my Cheryl Richardson book -- nothing lasts so don't fear the future. Know that life will get worse -- you will get sick, lose your job, have your heart broken, lose a loved one. It's how you are able to handle these pitfalls that's most important. Enjoy the good times, but take time everyday to build your spiritual health so that when you fall, you won't come completely undone. This makes a lot of sense to me. I used to think "I want to really enjoy myself in this moment, but I'm afraid that it will end." Well, it's supposed to end. That's the duality of life. Gotta love those reality cheques. K, I'm buying that, so how do I go about becoming spiritually healthy? This book talks about surrendering to a Divine power. Hmmmm, sounds too much like religion which I have a complete disdain for lately. I like the idea of strengthening my core though. In fact I really admire people who are strong inside. They are not afraid of emotions and allow themselves to feel but are not ruled by their emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment