Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye

Another tid bit from my Cheryl Richardson book (it's not really that great a book, but I feel there's a reason I should be reading it) -- the idea of writing love letters at the end of your life. The author worked with a woman who was dying and wanted to leave letters to her young children (for them to open in adulthood) that expressed how much she loved them. Eventhough she was gravely ill, she was still able to articulate things like:

what I love most about you is ...
what I'm sorry for is ...
what I dream for you is ...

I have got to do this too -- not because I feel like my time has come (hopefully I still have quite a few good years ahead of me), but because just in case anything happens I want my loved ones to know what they mean to me. Plus writing that note of gratitude for my boss (as difficult a person she can be) really filled my heart with love and allowed me to see things from a different point of view. It's addictive really. What else can I love?

No comments:

Post a Comment