Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let it go

While reading a Cheryl Richardson book that was recommended to me by my intuitive, I was reminded of something so key to inner peace that I can't believe that I've let it slip away. Stop trying to control life. Just let it be. When I think about what makes me angry, it comes down to life not cooperating with my plans. I can't make him love me, I can't make my boss respect me, I can't even make my kids listen to me. So just let it go. That feels really good actually. I don't want to make life my enemy. And who says what I want is what should be any way? Getting all worked up about someone else's behaviour does not in fact change their behaviour. All I can change is my attitude. Just stop wanting anything and then you will never be disappointed with what you get. It is what it is. Could it be better? Perhaps? It could also be a whole lot worse. The everyday blehs are 99% of life. This is it Baby. I've wasted too much of my life hoping and dreaming about those magical moments that will a) never be b) never live up to my expectations or c) disappear as quickly as they come. What a self-help rant I'm having here. Today, as the glorious sun came out of hiding and warmed my air-conditioned body, I realized that I need to accept my life and stop fighting it. And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment